FOOTBALL FOR ALL ABILITIES
We are excited to announce that thanks to Northern Region Football, the Halberg Foundation, and Aktive Auckland, Eastern Suburbs AFC have the privilege of starting an Adaptive Football Programme for those experiencing a disability but keen to give football a go.
As the Winter Football Season is already well underway, we are looking to start the programme in early June to ensure all future Lilywhites are able to have a fun and enjoyable season.
At all sessions, the expectation will be that a parent or caregiver is able to stay and be involved to the level that they are needed and/or feel comfortable. Sessions will be run by Eastern Suburbs AFC club coaches who are police vetted and have undergone training relevant to inclusion, safeguarding, and general football.
In order to support our planning for the programmes, could any interested players please send through the following information to email@example.com
Name & Age of participant:
Description of participants disability/impairment:
What we may need to consider with activities/instructions:
What are their goals for participating:
What do they enjoy or dislike:
PROGRAMME DATES & KEY INFORMATION
Wednesday Afternoons @ Somerville School
Free weekly training sessions run by Eastern Suburbs AFC coaches which focus on a range of fun games and activities as players learn to fall in love with football
- Commencing Wednesday 14th June 2023
- Every Wednesday afternoon during Term 2 and Term 3 from 2:30pm3:30pm
- Somerville School, 80A Tripoli Road, Panmure
- Open to all abilities aged 7 to 15; players will separated into groups on arrival
- All players must wear closed shoes
- Sessions will be predominantly on a grass playing field next to the school carpark, or inside in a basketball court setting when wet
- Registrations to be taken on the day
Saturday Mornings @ Madills Farm
Experience the full game day experience at the home of Eastern Suburbs AFC, with club coaches and a range of fun games and activities that encourage competition in a safe and inclusive environment
- Commencing Saturday 10th June 2023 with a free open day – come along and give football a go, with help to register for the full programme if your child wishes to continue for the season
- Every Saturday morning – Juniors 9am-10am and Youth 10am-11am
- $65 for 14 weeks of sessions, including school holiday weekends – players can attend every week, or come when they can – sessions finishing on 9th September with ESAFC end of season Gala Day
- Madills Farm – Grass Field 4, look for the big yellow ESAFC flags; please note that due to the nature of grass fields there is potential for some mud and wet weather, if sessions are ever cancelled we will contact via email
- Parking will be available next to the clubrooms, with access on to the field for players to make their way across to Madills 4. Please be aware of the busy “gameday” environment at Madills as there will be other junior competitions happening across the morning on other fields.
- Open to all abilities aged 6 and above; pending interest and registrations we will split age groups into Junior (6-12) and Youth (13+)
- Football boots are recommended but not compulsory; all players must wear closed shoes
- Players will receive a free Eastern Suburbs AFC shirt as part of the season fee
- To Register: Head to Clubhub and select “Register Non Player” – “Training Only Registration”. From here you will be asked to enter your details, continue to click through and select the Junior or Youth Adaptive Football Programme prior to checking out
- For Madills Farm map CLICK HERE
All coaches are experienced Eastern Suburbs AFC club coaches who have undergone full police vetting, inclusion and safeguarding training, and generic junior/youth NZ Football coaching qualifications. The programme will be overseen by operations and community managers to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for players of all abilities. Parents/caregivers are welcome to attend and be involved in all sessions.